QRC COVID-19 Working Group spoke about the following (actions in bold):
- The current restrictions will remain in place until 8-11 January, and may be lifted in a fortnight.
- Applications for specialist workers will be needed if those workers are coming from hotspot areas.
- The rules in place are the same as those prior to the border restrictions being lifted.
- Eligible workers include experts (for example, a shot-firer licensed worker).
- The Department will be continuing work over the new year. The QRC will be available if members encounter any issues.
- If members require a specialist worker up to mid-January, please contact the QRC.
- The Department only has one application pending, and one anticipated. (Arrow reports a 24-hour turn-around on applications.)
- Companies, except BHP, will continue temperature testing at Brisbane Airport, and at site.
The QRC wishes everyone a very merry and safe Christmas.
Next meeting: This was the last call for the year. Participants will be advised of the next meeting in due course.